HOW CAN WE HELP?
Accredited Exercise Physiologists (AEPs) are university qualified health professionals who specialise in the delivery of exercise, lifestyle and behavioural modification programs for the prevention and management of chronic diseases and injuries. AEPs provide physical activity and behaviour change support for clients with conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, depression, cancer, arthritis, COPD and many more.
Our AEP will assist you in the rehabilitation of musculoskeletal injuries, injury prevention, strength and conditioning programs & athletic development. Our clinic supports your doctor’s Medicare management plan as well as WorkCover, Third Party claims and Private patients.
Conditions which may benefit from seeing our exercise physiologist
Anxiety & Depression
Type 2 Diabetes & high blood pressure
Recent coronary infarction/heart attack
Chronic spinal pain, osteoarthritis, post surgical rehabilitation
Patients undergoing chemotherapy
Athletes or those participating in sport who are experiencing fatigue or pain
We can help you by
Creating evidence based exercise and nutrition programs which are specific to the individual
Reducing the risk of secondary health complications – focus on lifestyle modification aimed to reduce sedentary behaviour
Improving a patient’s functional capacity and ultimately, quality of life
Return to Work and Return to Sport programs
PHYSIOTHERAPY VS EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY
Which one do I need?
• Management of acute and chronic injuries
• Chronic pain treatment and self management strategies
• ROM, flexibility and mobilisation
• Manual therapy for symptom management
• Resistance training and injury
• Exercise and weight loss
• Exercise for chronic conditions such as diabetes, mental health, cardiovascular disease, arthritis etc
• Strengthening for athletes and general population
• Long term, supervised training programs